Despite careful planning, medical emergencies can happen at any time. These situations can be unnerving and this course will help build your confidence to recognize and manage a variety of medical emergencies that may occur in dental office settings. Dr. Sam Bae of Three Rivers Oral and Facial Surgery has developed an interactive course and we encourage doctors to invite their staff to participate so that the entire dental team can be prepared to respond appropriately.
This course will be held virtually and will fulfill a 4-hour medical emergency requirement for the Oregon Board of Dentistry (3 hours for general renewal or 4 hours for nitrous oxide renewal).
Click here to register
- Assess your patient to identify those at increased risk for specific medical emergencies
- Learn what medications and equipment you will need at your disposal during an emergency
- Know when and how to use each drug and piece of equipment in your kit
- Become more comfortable diagnosing and managing common medical emergencies
- Learn how to create algorithms to simplify and automate emergency situations
for this Medical Emergency CE program.
This CE program is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors: Columbia Bank, Merrill Lynch and Kernutt Stokes.